Preparing for Your Appointment
To make an appointment at NYU Langone’s Lateral Skull Base Surgery Program, call us at 212-263-5565. Please make sure to check whether your insurance requires a referral from your primary care or referring physician.
Your first visit with us will be a comprehensive appointment. Here is what to bring to save time and facilitate your care:
- contact information for your referring physician(s), primary care physician, and any other doctors, including addresses and phone numbers
- a list of questions that you wish to ask the doctor during your visit
- your completed health history form
- a list of your medication allergies and current medications, including all over-the-counter medications; aspirin, arthritis, or pain medications; herbal remedies; and supplements
- copies of relevant medical records
Some relevant medical records include doctors’ notes, letters, or previous surgery reports; laboratory tests such as blood work, hearing tests, and vestibular testing; imaging studies including X-rays, CT scans, and MRI scans.
You can also ask any doctors you have seen outside NYU Langone to fax medical records relevant to your current problem to 212-263-2019.