My mission at NYU Langone is to guide people through the life-changing experience of receiving a cancer diagnosis. As a surgical oncologist specializing in the treatment of people with head and neck cancer, I aim to provide evidence-based care that is tailored to each person’s needs.
NYU Langone has enabled me to achieve this mission beyond my expectations. I work closely with a dedicated and compassionate team of radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, radiologists, and speech and nutrition specialists at Perlmutter Cancer Center to create the best treatment plans for our patients.
My clinical focus is on reconstructive surgery after cancer treatment and on minimally invasive procedures. In addition to treating people who have cancer, I also help to manage a variety of noncancerous head and neck conditions, such as those affecting the salivary glands and parathyroid.
In my research, I focus on improving the quality of cancer care and medical education. These interests are directly linked to my goal of providing the best possible care at NYU Langone.
Conditions and Treatments
Show More Conditions
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Otolaryngology
- American Board of Surgery - Surgery, 2008
Education and Training
- Fellowship, University of Toronto, Head & Neck Surg Onc, 2012
- Fellowship, Oregon Health Sciences University, Head & Neck Surgery, 2011
- Fellowship, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Head & Neck Surgery, 2010
- Residency, Oregon Health Sciences University, Surgery, 2008
- Residency, Oregon Health Sciences University, Surgery, 2005
- MD from Tehran University, 1998
Locations and Appointments
Transoral Robotic Retropharyngeal Node Dissection
Givi, Babak; Troob, Scott H; Stott, Will; Cordeiro, Teresa; Andersen, Peter E; Gross, Neil D
Head & neck. 2015 Jun. ?-? e0126908
Salvage surgery of locally recurrent oropharyngeal cancer
Patel, Samip N; Cohen, Marc A; Givi, Babak; Dixon, Benjamin J; Gilbert, Ralph W; Gullane, Patrick J; Brown, Dale H; Irish, Jonathan C; de Almeida, John R; Higgins, Kevin M; Enepekides, Danny; Huang, Shao Hui; Waldron, John; O'Sullivan, Brian; Xu, Wei; Su, Susie; Goldstein, David P
Head & neck. 2015 Apr. 155-163
Guideline recommended follow-up and surveillance of head and neck cancer survivors
Roman, Benjamin R; Goldenberg, David; Givi, Babak
Head & neck. 2015 Apr. 6980-6980